Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Should have stayed in bed

I definitely should have stayed in bed this morning...

I was running a little late in my morning routine, so I decided to forgo my usual breakfast at home and instead opted for Tim Horton's on my way to the job site. I ordered a French Vanilla Cappuccino, a vanilla cream doughnut and a toasted sesame seed bagel with cream cheese. The total came to $4.14. At the window, I gave the cashier a 5 dollar bill, a dime and four pennies so that I didn't receive a handful of change in return. In a sign of things to come, I received three quarters, two dimes and a nickel in change (wonderful).

As I pulled on to the 219, I grabbed my doughnut, disappointed to find a plain original in the bag, not the vanilla cream I was looking forward to (getting annoyed). As I moved on to my bagel, I realized on the first bite that they had neglected to toast it (really annoyed). I like my bagels toasted so the cream cheese melts and is not pasty. To wash down the pasty cream cheese, I took a sip of my French Vanilla Cappuccino only to discover that their dispensing machine must have needed more mix because my drink was about 98% hot water and 2% French Vanilla Cappuccino (unbelievable)!

When I reached the job site trailer, I anxiously went to the coffee machine to brew a fresh pot, only to realize that the water cooler was empty, our only source of water since our trailer does not have hard plumbing (AAAHHHH).

Generally, the work day did not go well. It seemed everywhere I turned, a new obstacle arose and the bickering between contractors was worse than usual today.

Weary after a disappointing morning, I was looking forward to the soup I had packed for lunch the night before. Upon checking my car and the trailer fridge, I realized that in my haste to leave this morning, I had forgotten my lunch (past the point of giving a damn).

Fortunately, Kristen made up for my terrible food day by have a nice dinner ready when I stepped in the door. Sitting here with a full belly, I am looking to a better all around day tomorrow.

No comments: