Monday, August 11, 2008

Minor Setback

We had a minor housing setback this past week...seems we were not the only ones living in our house. On Monday morning, I heard something clicking when I woke Aubrie up for camp. Above her bed was a large brown spot...turns out we had a large hive of yellow jackets living in our attic and they were eating their way into the house through the ceiling. Just what I needed a week before the baby comes. Anyways, one exterminator and a large bill later, the yellow jackets have been evicted. This whole process took about 5 days.

During this time, Aubrie had to be locked out of her room so it could be sealed off. She spent 4 nights sleeping in the babies room on an air mattress and she is now afraid to sleep in her own room and only wants to sleep with mommy and daddy. (I think this is also partially due to the fact that she knows the baby will get to sleep in mommies room.) She woke up Sunday morning around 3 AM screaming so Daryl had to spend the rest of the night in her room with her. Last night went better, although it was a fight to get her to go to sleep in there.

In terms of the baby, THREE days and counting. I think we have everything ready, room is cleaned, crib and cradle are ready, swing and coming home outfit have been washed. The only thing left to do is wash all of the boy clothes, but I am too superstitious to do that before the baby gets here...I know that if i wash all the boy clothes, it will be a girl. The only one who seems overly concerned about the baby is Barron. The poor dog knows something is going on and he is now my constant shadow. He follows me everywhere and has to sit right next to me on the couch or at my feet if I am in a chair. As soon as I get up, he gets up. He even sits next to the shower when I am in there. I am not sure what he is going to do when I am gone for a few days.

The house is also just about ready. The kitchen in more done. The trim is up on the counter tops, the tile floor is sealed, and the cabinets are sealed. The only things left to do are put up crown molding and door hardware, both of which are completely aesthetic. Unfortunately, due to the yellow jackets, we now have a hole that needs to be fixed.

Aubrie's room was one of the few rooms in our house that was just about all done (new doors and windows next year). Now we have to patch, sand, prime and paint before the baby comes. Oh well, what's another project.

No comments: